+ Antworten
Seite 2 von 67 ErsteErste 12341252 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 1324
  1. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

AW: The English Chat

Zitat Zitat von Tricky-Scholli
    @ *HK*: Wow that sounds interesting having to talk in a foreign language all the time. So your boyfriend is from the netherlands too?
    Yeah I know that they don't dub movies and series in Holland and I envy you a lot for that. I'd love to have a german tv channel which also show english shows and movies.
    Sometimes I find myself watching the stupidest stuff on mtv just to hear peolpe talk a little.. That's just pathetic
    yep, he was born there but his family is from hong kong. he is there right now on vacation
    yeah! all tv channels should do that! hehe or some special high tech option...like with a dvd..so u can choose the language and subs (give them a couple of years and it will happen hehe).
    we also get some american series from the inet before they air over here on tv (like prison break- i quit watching it so i dont even know whats goin on right now- and heroes )

2. Senior Member Avatar von Tricky-Scholli

On the pay tv channel premiere you can switch the languages too but they should really add that option to the normal channels.

I watch a lot of Grey's Anatomy over the internet. Firstly because they are further ahead with the story and secondly because when I watch it in german tv I can just sense that the dialogues would have been so much better in english.
    At the end of the day the fact the we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.

3. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

@HK: Hi ya Have you finished your relocation?

@souris: Of course Welcome ... During university time I kept up with English by reading English books (as you do) and watching movies/TV series. But speaking English was rarely possible :/ But gladly that changed when I finished university and got my first job. I'm working in the pharamceutical industry and almost everything I write is in English and I'm regularly doing phone calls to check up with other companies we have business with or - in my new job - our mother company *yay*

@Tricky-Scholli: *peeringatherbookshelves* Ooooh, I definitely know what you mean
    Läuft.

4. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

Zitat Zitat von Bishdariel
    @HK: Hi ya Have you finished your relocation?
    we talked before??? (im very confused lately hehehehe)

yeah! i moved now! closer to the airport. but right now im at home in germany.

5. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von *HK*
    we talked before??? (im very confused lately hehehehe)

yeah! i moved now! closer to the airport. but right now im at home in germany.
    Yes, but it was just briefly Someone (I don't even remember who it was *ooops* ) just complained about having to pack for a relocation and both of us joined in. I remember your rather adventurous description of your trip with the bicycle in your car during one of your prior relocations
    Läuft.

6. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

oh yeah! bells ringing! i think u had a different avatar pic then...right??

7. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

No But I looked it up (still got the topic listed in my subscriptions): It was Kamakura moving

Let me guess: The avatar hasn't changed since ... öh ... since ... I don't remember anymore. I'm getting old
    Läuft.

8. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

then im getting old here! hehe mine changes a lot

im hungry...ill go get some food in a bit..and then i wanna still watch a movie...in english

9. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Enjoy your meal Sadly, the Danish TV programme isn't so interesting today ... I'm watching "stern TV" right now. But soon it's bed time I think - I'm up and about since 5 o' clock this morning *yawn*.
    Läuft.

10. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

ohw ok...and i...decided not to eat anything (i did my work out a couple of hours ago..and i always get hungry later hehe). i have to be strong! hehehe

ill watch a movie now...have a nice evening and sleep well!

11. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Thanks! Enjoy your movie and have a nice evening, too Sleep ... good cue
    Läuft.

12. Senior Member Avatar von Tricky-Scholli

I'm heeading to bed aswell. My "seminar" weekend is starting tomorrow so I won't be able to join you until Saturday. But keep the thread up ok?
    At the end of the day the fact the we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.

13. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

will do! hehe

my vacation already started

14. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

I'm heeading to bed aswell. My "seminar" weekend is starting tomorrow so I won't be able to join you until Saturday. But keep the thread up ok?
    As good as done, boss
    Läuft.

15. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von *HK*
    my vacation already started
    Vacation ... don't mention that word The one day in London will be my only vacation until December - I'm on probation in my new job (6 months on the whole *sniff*) and nooo vacation allowed.

But now I'll finally crawl to bed, otherwise I'm rewarded with a stiff neck tomorrow from sleeping in a rather awkward position
    Läuft.

16. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

hehe ok (laptop in bed huh )

i wish i could spend my vacation with my bf! he is on vacation without me right now and when he is back he has to work fulltime

oh well..ill see him everyday when classes start again hehe

good night!

17. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von kilauea

Sometimes I find myself watching the stupidest stuff on mtv just to hear peolpe talk a little.. That's just pathetic
    Pathetic... I love this word! In english, it seems to have a slightly different meaning. I can't explain what I exactly want to say... I couldn't even do so in german, I'm afraid. But nevertheless - I like it.

Bishdariel, absolutely no vacation, just the one day? How cruel!
    geht doch adorno lesen, ihr lauchs!

18. Alter Hase Avatar von ~ViolonCello~

I haven't had a proper vacation in years, just too much to do for the diploma. But maybe I can go away for a bit now if I find some money somewhere and a place I would like to go to.

I love the word pathetic! you can say it in this mean, spiteful way and its just great. YOu can swear so much better in englisch anyway, I found. After 4 years here, I can hardly speak any german at all ehen I get really angry. The english just pours out.

I am sure I will find myself watching some horrible crap on MTV soon when I am missing the language. Thank God for DVDs though...

19. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

when im back home for a couple of days..sometimes i just blurb out in english all of sudden! hehe takes a bit getting used to havin to talk in german again all day long!

20. Alter Hase Avatar von ~ViolonCello~

it certainly does! it also feels right weird the first 2 days or so.
    and sometimes even after that, the way I make up my sentences is still english and then it sounds really funny.
    never mind, its part of the game really.