+ Antworten
Seite 3 von 67 ErsteErste 123451353 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 1324
  1. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

AW: The English Chat

haha ok..and....true...swearin is so much better and more satisfying in english

2. Inaktiver User

Hey, how's everyone doing? I just got home from work and I'm gonna go to bed now, I'm exhausted...3 more days!
    Good night!

3. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von *HK*
    hehe ok (laptop in bed huh )
    No, no, not in bed (that would be a nice option though ... *scratchscratch* I could switch on the WLAN function on my router ) ... I was half-lying, half-sitting on my sofa
    Läuft.

4. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von kilauea
    Bishdariel, absolutely no vacation, just the one day? How cruel!
    No, at least not longer than one day as long as I'm on probation - and that's nothing I would call a vacation That's a normal term included in working contracts: no vacation during probation ... But I have already decided with all the remaining vacation I can't spend during this year: I want to go on a nice wellness trip next spring. Just me, myself and I And in the early summer or autumn I want to go to Greece together with my boyfriend. We've both never been there and that would be our first real vacation together
    Läuft.

5. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von ~ViolonCello~
    I haven't had a proper vacation in years, just too much to do for the diploma. But maybe I can go away for a bit now if I find some money somewhere and a place I would like to go to.
    The last vacation I had were a few days on Rügen around Easter this year but that could be hardly called vacation. My boyfriend introduced me to his whole family that still lives there ... and when we weren't visiting someone, we were running around all the time

And my vacations before that: Either spent for relocations (twice) or just to relax from exams ... No proper vacation since May 2004 *sniff* ... You can all imagine how I look forward to this wellness trip
    Läuft.

6. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von *HK*
    haha ok..and....true...swearin is so much better and more satisfying in english
    I can agree with that Most "sensible" phone calls (or let's call them more precisely: "Beating-the-shit-out-of-non-cooperative-people ) I have to do with companies we're customers of or need information from extremely urgently are done in English And after these phone calls I tend to blubber on in English venting off, until my colleague stops me Sometimes I think a punching ball or something equivalent would be a nice extra equipment for our office
    Läuft.

7. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von Inaktiver User
    Hey, how's everyone doing? I just got home from work and I'm gonna go to bed now, I'm exhausted...3 more days!
    Good night!
    Got home from work at that unholy hour What are you doing? Or are you living in a different time-zone?!

I'm fine today, will have to leave soon to get to work ... But finally it's not raining anymore, the sun sometimes peeps around the corner and the bird's are singing

Have a nice day,
    Bish
    Läuft.

8. Addict Avatar von souris

Zitat Zitat von Bishdariel
    @souris: Of course Welcome ... During university time I kept up with English by reading English books (as you do) and watching movies/TV series. But speaking English was rarely possible :/ But gladly that changed when I finished university and got my first job. I'm working in the pharamceutical industry and almost everything I write is in English and I'm regularly doing phone calls to check up with other companies we have business with or - in my new job - our mother company *yay*
    last semester I attended a lecture just because it was in english! I really miss conversations in foreign languages as we had them in school! I learned french too but as you can imagine I hear or read this language very seldom! from time to time I read a french book but I already miss a lot of my vocabulary and a lot of the grammar rules are gone
    I work part time at a software enterprise and do have to speak or write english there! but it's always about the same topics so you don't learn anything new during such conversations and you only use a small part of your abillities!

I can understand your longing for a vacation! I need one too although I had my last one in feburary!
    But do you at least like your new job? it sounds like you do! but I know it's only a cold comfort compared to a real vaction!

Have a nice day too!

9. Senior Member Avatar von Tricky-Scholli

Zitat Zitat von kilauea
    Pathetic... I love this word! In english, it seems to have a slightly different meaning. I can't explain what I exactly want to say... I couldn't even do so in german, I'm afraid. But nevertheless - I like it.
    That's funny it's totally the same with me. I just love this word and therefore use it whenever possible.

So, now I'm really off for my studying weekend..

At the end of the day the fact the we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.

10. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

Zitat Zitat von Bishdariel
    No, no, not in bed (that would be a nice option though ... *scratchscratch* I could switch on the WLAN function on my router ) ... I was half-lying, half-sitting on my sofa
    im usin wlan... (from my neighbour...)
    i also got internet in my room in holland..finally..but thats still with cable. but...the cable is really long

11. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von souris
    I work part time at a software enterprise and do have to speak or write english there! but it's always about the same topics so you don't learn anything new during such conversations and you only use a small part of your abillities!

I can understand your longing for a vacation! I need one too although I had my last one in feburary!
    But do you at least like your new job? it sounds like you do! but I know it's only a cold comfort compared to a real vaction!
    Here at work I have to use a mixture of business, medical and "conversational, normal" English - quite a variety

Yes, I like my new job very much ... the team is much better, it's a more familiar atmosphere at work and the work I do is a lot more challenging than the one before. And another nice benefit is the extra money
    Läuft.

12. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von *HK*
    im usin wlan... (from my neighbour...)
    i also got internet in my room in holland..finally..but thats still with cable. but...the cable is really long
    As I said, I just have to turn it on In the flat I lived in in Hamburg my most precious possession was my 15-m-network cable

But now I'm going back to work ... See ya!
    Läuft.

13. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

hehe have a nice day at work!

i will go have some breakfast now.

14. Senior Member Avatar von Kamikazequeen

breakfast, good idea...

i am sooo fuc**ng hungry...

15. Foreninventar Avatar von Eliza Day

Heya,

can I still join or are you a close-knit, discard everyone else community by now

Zitat Zitat von souris
    last semester I attended a lecture just because it was in english!
    haha, I wanna do that, too, if I have the time...
    Life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes?
    Well, that's fine by me.
    So wake me up when it's all over
    When I'm wiser and I'm older...

16. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von kilauea

Zitat Zitat von Eliza Day
    can I still join or are you a close-knit, discard everyone else community by now
    I think it's ok if you join in.

Kamikazequeen, I'm quite hungry, too... But I'm thinking about lunch, not about breakfast.
    geht doch adorno lesen, ihr lauchs!

17. Foreninventar Avatar von Eliza Day

yay

well, hi then
    Life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes?
    Well, that's fine by me.
    So wake me up when it's all over
    When I'm wiser and I'm older...

18. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

I think everyone is welcome Hi Eliza

I just came back from my lunch break. I'm enjoying my cappuccino right now (though I must admit a cup Dark Chocolate Moccha from my favourite coffee shop would be much finer ) ...

So, any plans for today? I'll go back to work soon and after work I'll go the baths for some rounds of swimming
    Läuft.

19. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von kilauea

A special hi to you, Eliza. Of course you're very welcome, I hope I haven't been too non-committal (sorry, no idea for a better word instead of this) above.

Ooooh, swimming after work... And fresh coffee... *dreaming*

With me, there's just one more plan left - or let's say three:

- study structural formulas with reactions
    - bring lots of paper rubbish to the waste containers
    - celebrate the birthday of a friend
    geht doch adorno lesen, ihr lauchs!

20. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von kilauea
    And fresh coffee... *dreaming*

With me, there's just one more plan left - or let's say three:

- study structural formulas with reactions
    - bring lots of paper rubbish to the waste containers
    - celebrate the birthday of a friend
    I didn't say anything about FRESH coffee It's instant cappucino this machine of ours produces

And for the studying of structural formulas and reactions: I'm analyzing some validations this afternoon to see if they comply with the current guidelines and such stuff.

Have fun all of you
    Läuft.