Antworten
Seite 56 von 67 ErsteErste ... 646545556575866 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1.101 bis 1.120 von 1324
  1. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

AW: The English Chat

Haha, that's all so odd.

I always fall into bed dead tired and way too early because of all the work during the day.
    geht doch adorno lesen, ihr lauchs!

2. Member

User Info Menu

Hello everyone!

I'm on vacation last week and I have seen "Friends" in English and learn grammar (my grammar is bad but I find a nice website) and read English books Lesekrimi. I have fun with all this things

Now I'm watching TV and my vacation will be ending tommorow, unfortunately.

Nice evening to everybody!
    Man kann im Leben auf vieles verzichten, aber nicht auf Katzen und Literatur!

3. Regular Client

User Info Menu

Hey,

Id like to join you guys. unfortunately, my english has worsen ever since i started my "urlaubssemester" and now i feel like i have to start over again. Its not that ive forgotten everything but i cant write fluently anymore. i have to stop ever other word and think over the whole sentence. I read loads of english books though and im obesessed with english audio books, but this definitely does NOT improve my writing. ill start "text production" at uni in april and i hope to regain a bit more confidence before it.
    if you like, id be pleased if you correct (or is it "corrected" ? ) my major mistakes. Thank you!!

And NOW i really have to take a shower as i stink and im still in my pyjamas. Have a nice day everyone!

Your eyes must do some raining if you're ever gonna grow.

4. Member

User Info Menu

Hey guys

Zitat Zitat von sirène Beitrag anzeigen
    i have to stop ever other word and think over the whole sentence.
    That's my problem, too But I have been started with thinking in english and it might works. I read a lot and watch english movies, learn grammar and hope, that it will be automatically work on one wonderful day.

Unfortunately, I translate German sentences into English sentences - and that doesn't work.

Have a great day!
    Man kann im Leben auf vieles verzichten, aber nicht auf Katzen und Literatur!

5. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

wow, the thread has been dead for almost a year now. what about reviving it?

6. Inaktiver User

oh my, that's a great thread...

It's not liek I don't speak English in my daily life or so, but well, I love it, so yeah, hi ...

7. Alter Hase

User Info Menu

hey, this is a great idea

i love watching american series in english and thats how i practise. i like how i met your mother, the big bang theory, friends, buffy, the o.c. and many more...
    See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me!

8. Inaktiver User

Hey guys!

This thread is great. I also like watching movies in English and some serials too.
    Ise, How I met your mother is aaawsome.

9. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Inaktiver User Beitrag anzeigen
    How I met your mother is aaawsome.
    Totally.

10. Fresher

User Info Menu

Heyhey, I thought I'd join in too. I haven't written a word in English since I graduated last year (I've actually realized that fact just now) and though I still read in English, I do feel that I'm gradually losing all my English speaking and writing skills which is quite frustrating. I do like watching English series a lot though like Glee and Chuck
    Oh, before I forget: Does anybody of you have any experience with tandem partners? I'm thinking about squeezing in some time for practicing English at uni but I'm quite afraid of akward silence and not knowing what to talk about. Haha, not that I don't sometimes experience that in German too...
    Sorry, this has become quite a monolog but it does feel so nice writing in English again! :nerd

11. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

hi blümchentapete.

i once met a couple from colombia to practise my spanish and their german - they were really kind and there was no awkward silence between us. unfortunately i had to study for an important exam during that time so i wasn't able to stay in contact with them and continue the meetings. but why don't you just try it? the worst thing that might happen is that you don't get along with each other and never meet again.

12. Inaktiver User

I actually have no experience with tandem partners. Yesterday came an english-speaking guest and I forgot all the words that was really embarassing. Sometimes I forget really easy words like petrol station and such things and I did my A-Level in English... So I think I have to read a lot in English. Does anybody know a good website where you can read e-books or such things? Would be great.

13. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

no idea about ebooks, sorry - i don't like them. for me books still have to be written on paper. i have to have somthing to hold in my hands. i'd even miss turning pages and the smell of books.

14. Inaktiver User

Yes, that's right. Usually I also love reading "real" books but e-books I can also read during lunch time or when there's nothing to do at my working place on the Computer.
    Does anybody here like the Twilight-books? I read one and loved it, especially because I read it in English.

15. Fresher

User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von kilauea Beitrag anzeigen
    no idea about ebooks, sorry - i don't like them. for me books still have to be written on paper. i have to have somthing to hold in my hands. i'd even miss turning pages and the smell of books.
    I completely agree and couldn't have put it better! Consequently, I haven't got a clue about e- books, sorry mrsjacksparrow I'm not really a fan of the twilight saga, I must say... The first book was alright but in my opinion it went quite downhill from there (hehe, yes I do admit that I read the other books as well... Quite a love- hate- relationship, eh?)
    I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice in English, which I had only read in German so far and I really, really like it (and it's such a beautiful edition by pengiun with stamped linen). But I guess that isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea

16. Inaktiver User

Oh alright. I don't know which book I'll read next in English...

17. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

Does anybody here like the Twilight-books? I read one and loved it, especially because I read it in English.
    Yes, I do. I liked them all - but I have to agree with blümchentapete, especially the last book was a little bit - well - weird, even for a fantasy-story.

Pride and prejudice... I really tried reading it, but I had to give up after about 12 pages (estimated amount ). The story is nice and so is the film, but the book...

18. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

Oh alright. I don't know which book I'll read next in English...
    what about "the beach"? it's not really difficult to read and much more intelligent than the film.

19. Alter Hase

User Info Menu

i read them all and liked them. even though bella's thinking "i'm not good enough for him" got pretty annoying after a while. but the movies...i hate them all! i still watch them though, so i know what i'm hating
    See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me!

20. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

Zitat Zitat von Ise Beitrag anzeigen
    but the movies...i hate them all! i still watch them though, so i know what i'm hating
    so far i've only seen the first two and i like the music so much.