Antworten
Seite 59 von 67 ErsteErste ... 9495758596061 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1.161 bis 1.180 von 1324
  1. Inaktiver User

AW: The English Chat

Zitat Zitat von kilauea Beitrag anzeigen
    but he'll recognize every time he bites into one.

welcome back to the new old thread.
    haha, yes. yesterday he nibbled my toes and i was thankful for it as it kept him from trying to eat the cactus

2. Inaktiver User

Zitat Zitat von Ise Beitrag anzeigen
    sounds about as smart as our dog trying to bite a hedgehog. he just doesn't learn...
    that's exactly what my dog always used to do!!! (the one i'm looking after right now is not mine, but a friend's dog)

3. Inaktiver User

yes, the weather's hilariously nice, isn't it?
    i went swimming today (indoors though, still a bit too cold for swimming outdoors ), then for a long walk with the kooky dog, and then sat outside a café and had lots of cake and read for hours

4. Fresher

User Info Menu

That sounds like a lovely day, Hildegarde! I spent much time outside as well, mostly sitting in the garden while working on some research for a presentation.
    The day after you stole my heart,
    Everything I touched told me it would be better shared with you

5. Inaktiver User

sounds nice as well, blümchentapete!

what's your presentation about?

6. Inaktiver User

Yes, the weather is great! But I have to learn. I'll go for a walk later on, so I get some sunshine.

That's really funny with your dogs.

7. Addict

User Info Menu

@those who answered to my tandem-problem: Well, at the moment I tend to go on with it. He's been off for two weeks now, so maybe we will meet next week and then I'll see how annoying it is to give German lessons By the way, he is going to attend a language course, starting tomorrow, so I hope he will bring the exercises to our meetings - otherwise I won't know how to teach German

And all the other girls, where do you live that the weather is so fine today? It's raining all the time here But yesterday it was fantastic, I went to the park and then spent the whole afternoon sitting on a bench under a blooming magnolia tree
    O glücklich wer noch hoffen kann / Aus diesem Meer des Irrtums aufzutauchen!

8. Alter Hase

User Info Menu

in erfurt the sun was out the whole day. just now it's getting a little darker, though...
    and i'm trying to make progress on my bachelor thesis. doesn't work out so well.
    See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me!

9. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

Lower Bavaria had sun today, too. I met my best friend and we were sitting on a meadow and talking about everything under the sun and my nose felt quite sunburnt afterwards - luckily it only felt sunburnt and actually wasn't.
    geht doch adorno lesen, ihr lauchs!

10. Inaktiver User

Western Austria had much sun.

11. Inaktiver User

just quickly dropping in and saying hi from holland!

12. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

thx, hildegarde. what are you doing there?

13. V.I.P.

User Info Menu

hello, anyone still here?

i really need to practise written english..do you happen to know of any english-speaking forum similar to bym? with no special topic, just chatting..
    so it goes.

14. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

nice to see the thread on top again.

no idea though about another forum, i'm sorry.

15. V.I.P.

User Info Menu

no problem

but perhaps you can tell me what you do to improve your written english?
    will it also help if i read more, or will this only increase my "passive" knowledge of vocabulary?
    so it goes.

16. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

to be honest, i don't know. i quit practising mine quite some time ago, it's just fun to use it once in a while. do you need it for job purposes?

17. V.I.P.

User Info Menu

not really, i was asked yesterday to help a friend with a formal letter, and that's just when i noticed how bad my written english is..that i really need training.
    but i'm actually working as an english teacher for small kids. of course i don't need good writing skills for this, but it's nevertheless a bit embarrassing that i am not that good at it, while working as a teacher..i really should improve this.
    so it goes.

18. Member

User Info Menu

Hi, I'd love to join in, but there's not much going on here...does anybody have an idea how to revive it and make it more interesting? I'd like to keep it going. Maybe we could have a discussion on a specific topic for a while and then find another subject...what do you think?

19. Ureinwohnerin

User Info Menu

i'm not really sure if it works. there have been a lot of ups and downs for this thread, so maybe it works again for a while now it's alive again. let's see!

20. Member

User Info Menu

Well...I follow you. Hope a few more people will participate.