+ Antworten
Seite 1 von 67 1231151 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 1324
  1. Senior Member Avatar von Tricky-Scholli

Daumen hoch The English Chat

Hey, where are all the people who love to speak, read and talk in English as much as I do. I'm waiting for you in here!!!
    At the end of the day the fact the we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.

2. Inaktiver User

AW: The English Chat

Geändert von Inaktiver User (28.03.2013 um 12:13 Uhr)

3. Senior Member Avatar von Tricky-Scholli

Well, I don't think it's bad. And it'll get even better if you keep on posting here.
    How many years did you learn English at school?
    At the end of the day the fact the we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.

4. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von kilauea

Yay , a new english speaking thread, thx a lot. =)
    At least one language (apart from German ) I'm more or less able to communicate in... Latin and ancient Greek aren't that helpful in the context of talking.
    geht doch adorno lesen, ihr lauchs!

5. Inaktiver User

6. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von kilauea

Zitat Zitat von Inaktiver User
    I had english in school for 7 years...until I chose to carry on with french and spanish.
    Great decision for french and spanish are much more interesting.
    geht doch adorno lesen, ihr lauchs!

7. Senior Member Avatar von Tricky-Scholli

Zitat Zitat von kilauea
    At least one language (apart from German ) I'm more or less able to communicate in...
    Same here. I'm just starting to get better in spanish and I've given up to get any better in french.

Glad you like the thread.

@ la llovizna: Yes I had English as an LK and I also took an Economic English course at my uni for 2 years after school. But know I'm done with studying English and am concentrating on spanish. (haha)

8. Inaktiver User

9. Inaktiver User

10. Alter Hase Avatar von ~ViolonCello~

hey, may I join in? I alos had English-LK in school but now I have been living in England for four years.
    At the end of this month, I will be moving back to Germany so I will miss speaking English very much.
    Has anyone here spent some time in an englisch speaking country? I mean, like a year or so.

11. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Hi! I'm one of the former English-LKlers, too, and would like to join in

@kilauea: For me English is also the only "modern" language I'm able to communicate in. Latin isn't soooo crucial for survival nowadays

@ViolonCello: The longest time I've ever spent in an English speaking country: 5 days *fg*. And that's quite some time ago - about 8 or 9 years I'd guess But in the future I'll be able to spend some time in the UK (London to be exact) because the mother company of my current employer resides in London and we meet with our colleagues approx. every 3 months. My first visit (I've just recently started my new job here) will be in September and I'm already looking forward to it, since I'm allowed to add one day of vacation after the meeting
    Läuft.

12. Senior Member Avatar von Tricky-Scholli

Zitat Zitat von Inaktiver User
    oh spanish isn't really difficult...but my spanish course at school is unfortunately really boring
    Yeah.. well, it is, actually. I mean, I pretty good with the grammar and I understand quite a bit but speaking kills me. I had an oral exam in spanish today and it was horrible. I was so nervous that I couldn't find any vocabulary and I stuttered a lot. Thank God it's over now.

btw: Does anybody here also read books and watch movies or stuff like friends/Sex and the city/Grey's anatomy in English? I do that a lot and enjoy to get to know the real everyday-life language.
    So @ ~ViolonCello~: I haven't been to an english speaking country longer than 2 weeks and I try to compensate that now with watching as much english television as the internet offers

13. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

Zitat Zitat von Tricky-Scholli
    btw: Does anybody here also read books and watch movies or stuff like friends/Sex and the city/Grey's anatomy in English? I do that a lot and enjoy to get to know the real everyday-life language.
    I do - both I read most books from authors whose mother language is English in English. That might have improved my language skills most I think. I started reading English books in 7th grade when I was sooo bored in the summer holidays and had already read all German books I took with me - the only books available were in English Fortunately, my father took an English-German dictionary with him because HE wanted to improve his English during the holidays. In the end, the dictionary was my constant companion during that summer

Later on, I started watching movies in the original version - in the city I studied (Hamburg) there are several cinemas showing them. Today, I'm helping myself out with DVDs (movies, TV series) or I'm watching Danish television because they don't synchronize the films, they use subtitles (and I'm saving loads of money I'd otherwise spend on DVDs ) ...
    Läuft.

14. Senior Member Avatar von *kleine_möwe*

Hi everybody,

Here's another former English-LKler. (and French as well)
    I have never been to an English speaking country for more than 3 days, but I had to talk and write a lot in English in my former company because we were doing business with China and several European countries, e.g. the UK.
    In autumn, when I start studying, I will also need English. Therefore practising cannot be a bad idea.

I also like to read English books. For films or other TV programmes is not enough time these days, but generally I prefer original versions to the German translations.

@Bishdariel: Where do you live that you get Danish television? I would love to have that!
    Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death. I am very
    disappointed with that attitude, it is much, much more important than that!

(Bill Shankley)

15. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

@kleine_möwe: French-LK??? Respeeect I tried it as third language in 9th/10th grade and wasn't too bad. I would have liked to keep it, but we were supposed to be mixed with those coeds who had learnt it since 7th grade. So I quit as did almost all of my classmates.

I'm living almost as northern as you can get in Germany - Flensburg And since there's a huge Danish minority here, Danish TV is regularly available in the normal cable network.
    Läuft.

16. Senior Member Avatar von *kleine_möwe*

Oh, Flensburg, lovely. It is one option for studying (among Münster, Osnabrück, Emden and Bremen). And I would like to go there because I would have to learn Danish then.

I have always liked to learn and speak foreign languages. English and French at school, additionally Spanish (at least a bit) during my 2 years Berufsschule. Danish is also pretty interesting, maybe because I am from Schleswig-Holstein as well. (Do you know Wrist?) And I know some people in Denmark...
    The only disadvantage of Flensburg is that I would forget all my French, I am afraid. And it is so far in the North which makes it difficult to follow "my" HSV on away matches. But we'll see. The NC decides for me...
    Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death. I am very
    disappointed with that attitude, it is much, much more important than that!

(Bill Shankley)

17. V.I.P. Avatar von Bishdariel

@kleine_möwe: What do you want to study? One of my cousins studied here - or rather, he's currently writing his master thesis.

I want to learn Danish, too I've already prebooked a Danish course at the VHS starting this September ... I think it's nice to known at least some survival words in a foreign language when living so close to another country.

Of course I know Wrist I'm a born Schleswig-Holsteinian and have been living most of my life in the near vicinity of Hamburg (Uetersen/Pinneberg to be exact).

I've moved to Flensburg about 1 1/2 month ago because I was offered a very good job here. I couldn't resist

But now I'll have to get offline soon since I want to get at least SOME exercise for today
    Läuft.

18. Ureinwohnerin Avatar von *HK*

and..another former english lk person

i was in a bilingual class at school for 6 years. mostly read books in english, watch movies in english and had/ have to communicate with all my boyfriends in english as well

im studying leisure management in amsterdam since a year now. still have 3 years to go... so...english is my #1 language now. its nice to "talk" german on the forum....so i dont start forgetting anythin hehehe

and..u know whats great about the netherlands?! all the shows and movies are in english

im planning to go to the states or canada for a term in about 2 years. hopefully together with my bf.

19. Addict Avatar von souris

hi, may I join you? I loved speaking english back at school but since I finished school two years ago I didn't practice my english anymore! well still at last 50% of all the books I read are in english and I watch movies sometimes but i don't really talk or write in english anymore! I think I've already forgotten a lot! so some practice would not be amiss!

20. Senior Member Avatar von Tricky-Scholli

@ Bishdariel: Yeah, that's what I do too. In the meantime I have much more english book in my shelf than german ones. Because I always think that if I didn't loke a book too much at least I learnt something cause I watch in in english.

@ *HK*: Wow that sounds interesting having to talk in a foreign language all the time. So your boyfriend is from the netherlands too?
    Yeah I know that they don't dub movies and series in Holland and I envy you a lot for that. I'd love to have a german tv channel which also show english shows and movies.
    Sometimes I find myself watching the stupidest stuff on mtv just to hear peolpe talk a little.. That's just pathetic